TheGigEasy is dedicated to helping musicians with the transition to tablet computers. We encourage you to browse this new section of our website often as we will be continually updating it in an effort to help make your gig easy.
TheGigEasy iPad Workshop
"Complete Music Solutions for iPad"
An informative workshop featuring live performance and expert advice about iPad apps and hardware accessories.
Presented by TheGigEasy
Co-Founders and professional musicians
Darren Kramer and Brian Monroney
TheGigEasy Co-Founders, Darren Kramer and Brian Monroney, are now presenting a live cutting-edge interactive performance workshop around the country to demonstrate how the iPad is transforming the way musicians work and play. These business partners are both full-time professional musicians with a passion for technology and education and they have created this new special presentation as the latest addition to the “Consulting” division of their growing iPad accessories company in a dedicated effort to help musicians with the transition to tablet computers.
Both partners have been longtime Apple users and the announcement of the iPad back in early 2010 is what inspired them to create their Colorado-based company. President Darren Kramer states “TheGigEasy was created to provide complete music solutions for the iPad. We are thrilled to have been providing fellow musicians with iPad hardware solutions since Dec 2012 (TheGigEasy Mounts, AirTurn Page Turner) and now have our own software app (TheGigEasy App released June 1, 2012) However, we’ve discovered that musicians have many questions and concerns about all of this new technology, so we’ve started a consulting service division to our company in order to help provide answers by sharing our knowledge. We show musicians, students and educators how to get started, what equipment to buy, how to scan and import pdf files, what apps are best for their needs, etc.” Contact Us to book this workshop for your school or event today!
Topics Discussed & Apps Demonstrated
•Digital Sheet Music: TheGigEasy, ForScore, OnSong, unrealBook, Music Notes
•Instruments/EFX Processing: Jam Up Pro, AmpKit, Everyday Looper, iKaossilator, iMachine, GarageBand
•Live Performance/DAW Control: Lemur, Griid Pro, TouchAble, V-Control Pro, DP Control, PreSonus SL Remote
•Music Education/Learning Tools: ClearTune, Tempo, iRealb, Amazing Slow Downer, Theory, Ear Training
•TheGigEasy Mounting Solutions: Mic Stand Mount plus 6 different attachments
•AirTurn Bluetooth Pedalboard: Wireless Hands Free Page Turner
•Live Performance with iPads, Electric Guitar, Electric Trombone & Keyboards
•Keynote Slide Presentation with Q&A
•Hands-On Demo Station with numerous iPads Running Various Apps!
1. PDF file is too large - Ideally it is good to have each chart sized around 300-500 kb. Avoid creating files that are 1-10MB which is a default of many scanners. This unfortunately may require you to re-save each song as a smaller file by reducing dpi and perhaps adjust other settings, however it is well worth the convenience. And again, remember that smaller files will work better in all pdf reader apps like TheGigEasy, forScore, unrealBook, etc.
2. Too many apps open - Because of the multi tasking feature of your iOS, the previously used apps are stored in the memory even though you are already done using them and this causes the ipad to slow. Quit the apps that you are not using - double click the home button and touch/hold an app to engage delete mode indicated by all apps shaking, once you delete/close them, simply hit home button again to return to normal function.
Of course, if this doesn't help, please don't hesitate to Contact Us
If you attach your device to iTunes and sync - and go look in the list of
PDF files associated with TheGigEasy in iTunes, you will see a file
That is a SQLITE3 database. You can use any tools that you want to fiddle
with the database and then resync.
You will find a number of tables - and I'll spell them out for you below.
The difficult thing will be the SOfile field of the Songs table. That is
the actual filename associated in the machine. So you would first load
all your songs and then export so you could see what the software put for
that field... and associate that to your info. That would also make all
the other default fields the proper values.
Here are the tables definitions:
Songs: Holds all the song information
SOid - A unique number (primary key)
SOfile - The actual file name of this song in the device
SOtitle - The name of this Song
SOproject - Information about the Song Project
SOartist - Information about the Song Artist
SOgenre - Information about the Song Genre
SOinstrument - Information about the Song Instrument
SOarranger - Information about the Song Arranger
SOcomposer - Information about the Song Composer
SOnotes - Any comments, notes
SOkey - The songs key (an indexed field)
SObpm - The songs BPM (an indexed field)
SOcrop - The crop string (very complex)
SOhide - The hide string (very complex)
SOback - The background color (very complex)
SOmajorminor - The major/minor indicator
SOquality - The render quality
SOtime - The song length in seconds
SOpid - The current PID (leave untouched )
Sets: Holds the Set names for each set
SEid - A unique number (primary key)
SEtitle - The name of this Set
SetSongs: Holds the songs for each Set
SSid - A unique number (primary key)
SSseid - The ID (SEid) of the Sets record for this song
SSsoid - The ID of the Song record for this song
SSseq - The sequence number (order in the set) 1-n
Wiz: The Wizard Search Names
Wid - A unique number (primary key)
Wtitle - The name of the Wizard Search
WizTerms: The Wizard search terms
WTid - A unique number (primary key)
WTwid - The ID (Wid) from the Wiz database for this record
WTseq - The sequence number (1-n)
WTlogic- The Logic index (number for AND, OR etc)
WTwhat - The What expression index (Authors, etc)
WTexp - The Expression index (Equals, etc)
WTterm - The Equation term
Again... I would load all your songs to get most of the above records to
default values, and then export (sync), merge your information and resync.
Of course, if this doesn't help, please don't hesitate to Contact Us
Currently there are 36 apps that are compatible with the AirTurn BT-105. The following is an alphabetical list of iPad apps that are compatible with the AirTurn BT-105 Bluetooth AirTurn page turner. Be sure to check back often, as we will continue to update this list as more developers add AirTurn's hands-free page turning capabilities to their apps.
2 AirTurn's App Guide for the iPad
3 AirTurn's Worship App Guide
4 Avid Scorch for iPad
5 DeepDish GigBook (iPad)
6 DrumSetlist Manager (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)
7 EBookDroid (Android 3.0)
8 forScore (iPad)
9 iReal b (iPhone/iPad)
10 MobileSheets (Android)
11 Moon+ Reader (Android)
12 MuseScore Sheet Music Viewer for iPad
13 Musicnotes Sheet Music Viewer for Android
14 Musicnotes Sheet Music Viewer for iPad
15 MusicPodium for iPad
16 MusicReader PDF for iPad
17 NextPage (iPad)
19 OnSong (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)
20 Partitions: Digital Sheet Music for Tablets: PDF, iPad
21 Planning Center Music Stand (iPad)
22 Play On Cue (iPhone/iPad)
23 Pocket Jamz Guitar Tabs
24 Pocket Jamz Piano Notes Lite
25 SampleWiz (iPad)
26 Scorecerer (iPad)
27 scorio Music Case (iPad)
28 Set List Maker (iPad/iPhone/iPod)
29 Setlists (iPad)
30 Sheet Music Direct for iPad
31 SongBook Chordpro (iPhone/iPod/iPad compatible)
32 Steinway Etude
33 Teleprompt+ for iPad
34 TheGigEasy for iPad
35 unrealBook (iPad)
36 Virtual Sheet Music (iPhone/iPod touch/iPad)
iPad Music Apps We Recommend
TheGigEasy App replaces folders of paper sheet music and cumbersome binders with a sleek portable iPad. Easily access thousands of pages of PDF scores, parts, lyrics and chord charts in seconds and keep them organized with searchable library and set lists. Rotate to landscape view to enlarge music. Backlit screen eliminates the need for a stand light. Comprehensive annotation features allow you to easily mark up your pages with pen, highlighter, text and musical glyphs, in any color or size. Turn pages with a tap, a swipe or the AirTurn Bluetooth hands-free page turner.
Features of TheGigEasy App
• Large colorful icons
• Easily import and manage PDF files via iTunes
• Library includes auto alphabetize and comprehensive database feature
• Wizard search feature for quick access to files
• Metadata stored with each file includes Project, Composer, Key, Tempo, etc.
• Crop pages for optimal viewing size on iPad screen (stored for each page)
• Landscape mode fits page width to screen for a larger view and half page turns.
• Set Lists with quick access by tapping page number display
• Jump to page by tapping page number display
• Comprehensive annotation tools include Pen, Highlight, Text and Music Glyphs
• Metronome with audible click or visual flash
• Pitch Pipe
• Change background color (stored for each page)
• Clock and battery status (show/hide from Settings)
• AirTurn BT-105 support for hands-free page turns using the AirTurn BT-105 Pedalboard
• Help system built-in
Combined with TheGigEasy iPad mounting products, TheGigEasy App liberates musicians from the tyranny of bulky paper music, allowing you to have thousands of songs/charts/scores at your fingertips.
TheGigEasy is transforming the way musicians work and play by providing complete music solutions for the Apple iPad. We design and manufacture professional software and mounting products and are a Colorado-based company created by musicians for musicians in order to help simplify the transition to tablet computers. Our high-quality products are all manufactured in the USA and our expert advice is custom designed with your needs in mind in order to bring music and technology together.
forScore was designed as a way to take thousands of pages of score with you on the go. By balancing innovative features like the half-page turns with a gorgeous interface and the most robust library organization of any music reader, forScore proves that you really can have an app that’s both powerful and beautiful. Thanks to forScore’s ability to download virtually any PDF file directly from the web, it’s not only the best music reader around—it’s also the world’s most comprehensive library of sheet music in just 1.5 pounds.*
From the moment you launch forScore, you’ll see how everything was designed to keep your music front and center. All of forScore’s controls are hidden by default and accessible with a single tap. The visual metronome lets you keep time without extra noise, but also doesn’t take up any extra screen space with annoying popups. Auto-turn and half-turn options allow you to navigate without needing to pause in the middle of practice or performance. Turn your iPad sideways for a larger view of your score, and flick up or down with your finger to see the page.
Don’t let the interface’s simplicity fool you, though—forScore has the most powerful organizational system of any music reader. Tag your files with six unique types of metadata (including an unlimited number of keywords) and let forScore handle the rest with a fully dynamic menu system. Unlike files and folders on a computer, scores can be in multiple places at once, so you can spend more time playing and less time scrolling through menus. You can also create and manage setlists for a fully manual approach to grouping and sorting your files.
When it comes to annotation, forScore's flexibility is unparalleled. Create and edit an unlimited number of drawing presets, with full control over hue, saturation, brightness, transparency, and size. Add text to your page with adjustable fonts, colors, and sizes, and leave clumsy controls behind: forScore's text boxes adjust their height automatically as you type. Add common musical notation symbols to the page with our unique stamps feature, and you can even draw or import your own designs with our built-in stamp creator. When you're done, you can share your files and annotations with friends via email, bluetooth, or even print them out with AirPrint!
unrealBook allows you to access your entire library of music or lyrics on your iPad with ease. Replace your bulky and heavy binders with a small and light device filled with your music PDF files. The alphabetized and indexed list makes it easy to find the song you are looking for. unrealBook is the answer for the gigging musician!
With OnSong, you can manage huge collections of chord sheets for your band or worship team on a simple, lightweight device. Quickly pull and reorder lists and flip from one song to the next with ease. Transpose and highlight chords or change font size with a brush of your finger! Playing music has never been more simple. This software is built for live performance musicians.
You can import songs directly from online sources, or add your own songs with the built-in editor. Just type the song like you would expect and surround your chords in square brackets inline with your lyrics. It's that easy! OnSong automatically detects sections and titles for you when you end them with a colon.
You can also import your existing songs using iTunes file sharing. OnSong supports PDF, Word, Pages, JPG, PNG, TIFF, ChordPro and text file formats.
When you have your set just the way you want it, share it with your band members over Bluetooth with their iPads. Listen to the song you are playing directly from your iPod library, play a metronome or get the music iTunes with just one click.
• Simple song and chord entry
• Pull and change song lists fast
• Flip through your set chord sheets
• Transpose key with the brush of a finger
• Highlight font colors
• Change font size and style
• Save multiple song sets
• Import songs from your online sources
• Play music from your iPod library
• Play a click track to a metronome
• Share your wirelessly with your band members over Bluetooth
• Send your list via email to preview and print
• Works with many foot pedals
• Project lyrics or use a stage monitor with VGA/HDMI video out support
• Import, export and synchronize with Dropbox and MobileMe iDisk and others
DeepDish GigBook turns your iPad into a truly accessible mobile musical library, keeping your scores, songbooks, charts, and lyric sheets at the tip of your fingers, ready at a moment’s notice. With its powerful organizing features you can sort your music to fit your individual needs. Keep all your songbooks in one place with “Collections”. Compile scores into infinite personalized Binders. Create dynamic Set Lists. Carry 100’s or 1000’s of scores with you wherever you play. DeepDish GigBook is built specifically with the performing musician in mind, with tools and a user interface no other sheet music reader offers.
Add, Sort and Organize
• Simple and intuitive design
• Works with most PDF scores for cross platform compatibility.
• Search for titles, composers, genres and notes
• Unlimited organization for all your scores with custom binders
• Pull individual scores from large books to use in binders or set lists
Notes and Data
• Assign composer, genre, tempo, time & key signatures to each score
• Add and view typed notes
• Quickly make handwritten notes, fingerings and markings directly on the scores with precision and ease.
Ready for the Stage
• The most powerful and easy to use set list creator for the iPad
• Set Lists are independent of one another for ultimate flexibility
• Create charts, notes, handwritten stage directions and view them alongside your PDF scores
• Support for both Bluetooth & USB foot pedals like AirTurn BT-105 & PageFlip Cicada
• Performer’s Metronome - Designed specially for stage use with an auto-off timer, tap in tempo, and fully customized to each individual score.
• Performance Mode - which allows you to seamlessly view your set list, notes, and scores in an eloquent and easy to read format.
View and Share with band mates
• Scores always appear in full screen
• Zoom - Pinch in & out, or use one or two finger tap gestures
• Email individual scores or entire set lists with attached scores
Chord charts only, no melodies. Thousands of tunes available free online; transpose changes easily; accompaniment feature for practicing improvisation
A PROFESSIONAL TOOL FOR MUSICIANS AND MUSIC STUDENTS OF ALL LEVELS.
★ It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
★ It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
- The basic play-along feature includes Jazz Medium Swing, Bossa Nova and Rock.
- Transpose any chart to any key or to number system notation (Nashville system).
- Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions.
- 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps.
- Loop a selection of bars of a chart for focused practicing.
- Easily share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal b users via email and the forums.
- Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players or global setting for number system notation (Nashville system).
- Create multiple editable playlists.
- Support for AirPrint (requires iOS 4.2).
- Export charts as JPEG, PDF and MusicXML.
- Export audio as WAV (AudioCopy/Paste supported), AAC and MIDI.
- Support for iRig/AmpliTube and other guitar connection kits.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES VIA IN-APP PURCHASE (See website for demos)
- Jazz Styles Pack (14 Jazz play along styles): Ballad Swing, Ballad Even, Slow Swing, Medium Swing, Medium Up Swing, Up Tempo Swing, Double Time Swing, Bossa Nova, Even 8ths, Latin, Latin/Swing, Afro 12/8, Gypsy Jazz, Practice.
- Latin Styles Pack (8 Latin play along styles): Brazil-Bossa Electric, Brazil-Bossa Acoustic, Brazil-Samba, Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3, Cuba-Son Montuno 3-2, Cuba-Cha Cha Cha, Cuba-Bolero, Argentina-Tango.
- Pop Styles Pack (12 Pop play along styles): Rock, Slow Rock, 12/8 Rock, Funk, Soul, RnB, Smooth, Disco, Reggae, Shuffle, Country, Bluegrass.
- Guitar Chords: Displays guitar chord diagrams during playback following the chord progression. Access the extensive chord diagrams library for quick and easy reference. (requires iOS 4.3)
- Piano Chords: Displays piano chord diagrams during playback following the chord progression. Access the extensive chord diagrams library for quick and easy reference. (requires iOS 4.3)
Amazing Slow Downer
Transcribing and practice tool; Play back audio and change speed or pitch independently, seamlessly loop a section
If you're a musician who likes to learn new songs and techniques by listening to the same piece of music over and over but wish that the music could be played a little slower, then you'll enjoy Amazing Slow Downer.
You can repeat any section of the music at full speed, slow it down or even speed it up by changing the speed between 25% (1/4 of original speed) and 200% (double speed) without changing the pitch!
Change the tuning or musical key? No problem, Amazing Slow Downer handles that as well.
Setup seamless loops by touching the "Set" buttons during playback.
Amazing Slow Downer is the ideal tool for any musician, transcriber or dancer wanting to improve their skills.
1. Cannot play DRM protected files from the iTunes store (m4p and audio book files).
2. Requires iOS 4 or higher for iPod library import.
3. Requires iOS 3.2 or higher for uploading music using iTunes.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 software update.
Excellent chromatic instrument tuner. Use built-in mic or any connected audio interface. Pitch pipe mode, temperaments, calibration, etc.
Cleartune is a chromatic instrument tuner and pitch pipe that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instrument using the built-in mic in your iPhone or using an external mic on your 2nd or 3rd generation iPod Touch.
Note to iPod Touch users:
iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd gen requires an external microphone - see http://bitcount.com/cleartune/ipod.html for details. The tuning function is not compatible with the original 1st generation iPod Touch.
Cleartune features a unique "note wheel" interface allowing you to quickly find your pitch, paired with a highly responsive fine-tuning meter for the perfect tune.
With support for custom temperaments, transposition, notations such as solfège, adjustable calibration and more, Cleartune packs more power than most pro tuners, yet is simple enough for everyone to use.
Cleartune can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, piano, tympani, tablas and any other instrument that can sustain a tone.
- Note Wheel Display
- Ultra responsive 25 cent range fine tuning display
- Needle Damping option
- Precise to ±1/100 semitone (±1 cent)
- Selectable Temperaments
- Selectable Notations (such as Solfège)
- User-defined temperament and notations
- Support for transposing instruments
- Adjustable A4 calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
- Pitch Pipe/Tone generator
- Selectable tone waveform
- Automatic or manual note selection
Full-featured metronome app with tap tempo, set lists, visual flash, etc. Also see ClockWorks metronome, by the developer of ClearTune
Bestselling and most accurate metronome on the app store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple (main landing page). Over 250,000 copies SOLD. Now a universal binary with a dedicated iPad interface.
Tempo Advance has a more powerful set of features meant more for professional users. Please review both versions to make the best purchasing decision. Tempo will continue as a parallel product. Please visit our website www.frozenape.com for more information.
How do you choose from the seemingly countless number of metronome apps on the app store? Here’s a hint: go with the masses. Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. It is used daily by performing artists for their gigs, by teachers in their lessons, by musicians in their practices; even by golfers to time their swings.
Tempo gives you the features you need without sacrificing usability. Its engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. Over that is wrapped an attractive and comprehensive single-screen interface. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Visit www.frozenape.com/Tempo for demo videos. See our Facebook page for updated info: www.facebook.com/frozenape.
- 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs, option to flash whole screen on the first beat
- Optional pendulum animation (Turn off to conserve battery)
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
- Tap tempo function
- Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
- Landscape or Portrait presentation
- Track number of measures played.
- Vibration mode
- Choose from 13 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
- Voice counting
- Pan audio left, right or center
- Store presets in multiple setlists
- Advanced setlist management including overwriting selected song, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
- Share and backup setlists via iTunes File Sharing
- Italian Tempo Markings
- Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
- Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
- Two themes to choose from: Classic Blue and Onyx (iPhone/iPod touch only)
- More optional themes via In App Purchase (iPhone/iPod touch only)
Many amp and stomp box models. Includes a looper and a “Jam” system; play along with tracks - slow down to learn / transcribe
JamUp Pro XT, the latest version of its studio-grade, guitar/bass amp-and-effects modeling app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, with massive update and innovative features, it again raises the bar for iOS amp-and-effects apps.
JamUp Pro XT comes with 6 amp models and 16 effects (new Octave and CryWah), features the “Tone Sharing” platform, 64-slot preset manager, multi-function Phrase Sampler, iTunes Jam player, tuner and metronome. JamUp Pro XT is compatible with the JamUp Plug ($19.99), and any USB and headset iOS guitar adaptors.
The JamUp Pro XT features “Tone Sharing”, which allows users to create, share and download artist and user tones from JamUp’s cloud-based sharing platform. “Tone Sharing” allows you to check out tones created by artists and JamUp users all over the world, you can also check out our exclusive “Staff Picks” and our “Tone of the Month” as well. The tone-creation possibilities of this new platform are virtually infinite.
JamUp Pro XT is now compatibility with the Griffin Technology StompBox. Using JamUp and StompBox in tandem gives you all the functionality of a well-stocked pedalboard, and allows you to control actions like preset switching, effects on/off, wah-wah, phrase sampler as well as the iTunes Jam Player, right from StompBox’s four programmable footswitches.
Introducing the ”Bass Expansion Pack” and ”Boutique Expansion Pack”, with the popular ”Metal Pack”, “Classic Pack” and ”Effect Pack”, JamUp Pro XT now offers the largest collection of amp models and effects available on the iOS platform. Each model is carefully analyzed based on the actual unit and developed via Positive Grid' MESH multi-stage modeling technology, it offers superior articulation and touch-response, with unparalleled warmth and feel.
The modeled sounds are just part of what JamUp has to offer. The word Jam is in its name for a reason: the Jam Player module makes it a snap to import songs from your iTunes library to jam along with. What’s more, you can adjust their tempo and pitch with JamUp’s high-fidelity time-stretching engine.
Then there’s the sound-on-sound phrase sampler, which lets you easily record and layer looped parts. A built-in metronome with tap tempo makes it easy to record along in time. When you get it sounding the way you like, you can save your creation to disk as an audio file, or share it with friends via the web, all from within JamUp.
JamUp Pro XT features:
- Ultra-low latency Multi-Fx processor & sampler for guitar and bass
- Supports 7 simultaneous amp + effects
- JamUp Pro XT includes 6 amp, 16 stomps & rack models
- Tone Sharing, to download artist & user presets, or share your own
- Drag and drop signal path for easy tone creation
- Realistic 3D interface for intuitive controls
- Pro-level phrase sampler with undo, start mode selection, synchronized metronome, audio file sharing
- iTunes Jam player to access your iTunes library, with time stretching (pitch/speed) engine, and loop feature
- 64 slot preset manager
- Built-in tuner/metronome
- MIDI controllable preset switch
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Support USB and headset interface
- Support Griffin Technology StompBox
Expansion models (via in-app purchase):
- Bass Expansion Pack
- Boutique Expansion Pack
- Metal Expansion Pack
- Classic Expansion Pack
- Effect Expansion Pack
- JamUp Plug, iRig, Ampkit and most headset guitar adaptors
- Griffin Technology StompBox
- Alesis IO Dock, Apogee JAM, Griffin StudioConnect and most USB adaptors
App version of pioneering touch-screen hardware controller. Totally customizable interface.
Lemur - the legendary multitouch MIDI/OSC controller returns. All these major artists can't be wrong: Daft Punk. Björk. Nine Inch Nails, Deadmau5. M.I.A., Justice, Hot Chip, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Orbital, Richie Hawtin, The Glitch Mob, Matthew Herbert, Joris Voorn, Stephan Bodzin, Modeselektor, Alva Noto, Richard Devine, Gui Boratto, ... you?
Rock solid standard
Major stadium-touring acts use Lemur on stage. The original hardware version was introduced to the public in 2004 and Lemur software now benefits from nearly 10 years of development. These are just two of the reasons Lemur is the name cited when talking about multitouch control.
Lemur is a professional iOS controller app that doesn't cut any corners. It lets you control anything, any way you want. Total flexibility means it can go as deep as you need it to. Lemur can control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more. In fact, any software or hardware that can be controlled by MIDI/OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
A controller unequalled
Lemur has often been imitated but never equalled. The physics engine, which can make faders and balls bounce, is entirely unique: allowing anything from a slight organic feel to absolutely chaotic modulations. Lemur goes deep: it comes with more than twice as many objects as comparable apps. Options for adjusting the look and feel of objects are vast, and connection to your gear is simple.
Access templates from top artists and the Lemur community. Some of these are actual templates used on stage, others are pure studio or creative tools. Share your own or simply browse the library and download whatever suits your needs.
Fader; Multislider, Range; Multiball; Knob; RingArea; Switches; Pads; Custom Button; Container; Breakpoint; Leds; LemurMenu; Monitor; SignalScope; SurfaceLCD; Text
Hated physics at school? Now you'll love it! The behaviour of many Lemur objects can be affected by powerful and easy to use physical models which can make your controller bounce, rebound and oscillate. Make your controller come alive.
There's absolutely no need to dive into scripting if you don't want to. But if you're the type who likes to get their hands dirty then there's a powerful scripting engine inside Lemur. Harnessing this power will allow you to build extremely dynamic templates.
The Lemur editor, is a cross-platform (OS X/Windows) interface builder. It allows you to create new Lemur templates or edit existing ones. The drag & drop interface makes it easy to use. It allows you to create anything from the simplest set of faders to the most complex groovebox with no hassle.
Requirements (for the Editor and Daemon):
- OS X (Intel only) 10.5+
- Windows (XP SP3 or 7 recommended)
Simply connect your iPad/iPhone to your laptop over Wi-Fi and make the connection! Lemur also supports CoreMIDI allowing you to use hardware interfaces such as Alesis' iO Dock or the iConnectMIDI or class-compliant USB MIDI interfaces (with a camera connection kit). You can even control up to 8 computers from one iPad with Lemur!
Designed to turn an iPad into a performance-oriented, remote control surface for Spectrasonics Omnisphere software synth running on Mac /PC
Griid Pro, now also includes Miixer and Cliip modules - the first ever controller to offer full MIDI clip editing with your fingers. Create melodies and beats and finally play Live... live.
Griid Pro is THE professional Ableton Live controller for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Griid Pro includes Cliip. A world-first in controllers, Cliip allows you to create and edit MIDI clips with your fingertips using an elegant touch-enabled piano roll.
Cliip makes editing MIDI clips a truly live, musical experience. The piano roll is now an instrument too. Paint notes onto the smooth zoomable grid. Use intuitive multitouch gestures to edit note length and velocity - no need to LEARN it, just FEEL it. Snap/Fine and Percussive/Melodic modes and the powerful Duplicate function will help you unleash your creativity. Use in the studio to effortlessly create that killer hook or get personal with your audience and truly create music in front of them.
Miixer offers unique mixer control for Ableton Live. Instead of emulating a hardware surface with a fixed panel, Miixer lets you easily choose which faders you want on which track.
Miixer gives you quick access to volume, pan and all sends on your audio and MIDI tracks. Besides the customiseable layout, you also have the option of tapping the Miixer button to quickly show or hide all faders. Both relative and absolute touch modes available. Move your finger further away from the fader to increase precision - just like the movie player on your iPhone/iPad! Switch on 0dB limiting to make sure the volume faders never go above unity gain. See which tracks are playing at a glance with the new Loudness Indicator LEDs.
The core Griid module is the most fluid, fastest and reliable tool for launching clips. If you need the best cliplauncher on the market you need Griid – pure and simple.
Griid pro quo
“Should I buy Griid or Griid Pro?”
Griid Pro is the suite version. It's for those who want the most power they can get at the best price. When new modules, like Cliip and Miixer, get released, Griid Pro customers get it first. Some modules are free, others will be heavily reduced.
Griid is the way to go if you simply want the best possible multitouch clip launcher for Ableton Live. Cliip, Miixer and other modules will become available via In App Purchase very soon.
- Piano roll with zoomable keyboard and timeline.
- Percussive mode for short notes and Melodic mode with two finger note length gesture.
- Snap and fine modes. Snap note position (or note end) to the grid, or use fine mode to add some groove.
- Drag up the velocity lane and add dynamics to your music.
- Copy and paste functions allow you to copy the contents of one clip to another.
- Duplicate function allows you to duplicate and extend the current loop (e.g. to copy a loop 4 times so that you can add a variation on the 4th loop).
- Clear all.
- Remotely create new MIDI clip.
- 11 x 11 clip grid in landscape; 8 x 16 in portrait on iPad.
- 6 x 6 clip grid in landscape; 4 x 8 in portrait on iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Fluid clip and scene launching and stopping.
- Full clip information: name, colour, playing status, loop/one-shot position.
- Track names, scene names and scene colours.
- Smooth inertia scrolling.
- Whole Live Set Overview mode. Move anywhere with a tap.
- Tap track header to show playing clip.
- Group track support.
- Clip grid independently zoomable in track and scene dimensions.
OS X (10.4 or later). Intel architecture only, no Power PC support.
Windows XP (SP3 recommended), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Latest version of Live 8 (Live 8.1.2 required, 8.2.5 recommended)
To use Griid Pro you need to install software on your computer hosting Ableton Live. You will need to connect to this computer via Wi-Fi.
Please visit http://liine.net to download files and carefully follow the step by step instructions.
Full-featured control for Ableton Live software running on Mac / PC
touchAble - control Ableton Live from your iPad Navigate around your live set with the touch of a finger, tweak Lives mixer, instruments and fx with full automapping and unlimited tracks & parameters. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range while keeping latency at a minimum. Play your favorite synths with the unique double keyboard or record your rhythms with the 16 drum pads, including 5 velocity steps & octave selectors. Extend your creativity with the multi dots XY Pad and record, play and morph your mouvements. Access the most important transport and clip functions without losing focus on your set and tweak the same set with two iPads with the unique Dual-User-Mode. do you need to adjust volume, launch a new clip and play a device? Don't worry - a smart and intuitive screen menu empowers the user to arrange and switch modules on the fly. touchAble does not require any midi-mappings as it uses LiveOSC to communicate directly with the LiveAPI. Requirements: Ableton Live 8 with latest update running on a computer on the same WiFi network Windows XP, Vista, 7 with MIDI-YOKE or similar MIDI-utility installed Mac OS X 10.5 or newer touchAbleServer-software from our website www.touch-able.com Installation could not be any simpler: - Download touchAbleServer from our website http://www.touch-able.com and install it on your Mac or PC - Enter your Hosts Ip-Address on your iPad - Press connect. - Within a few seconds your set will be ready. FEATURES: - Scrollable representation of your Session View in Live - Clips, tracks & scenes with full color, name and status feedback - Scalable Clipgrid from 4x2 to 15x8 - Access to arm, solo, mute & stop functions - Access to Volumes, returns A-D, panning, monitors, resets, master & return volumes of up to 16 tracks at once - Scared of clipping? Output-meters provide feedback of each tracks/masters/returns output-levels - Choose between relative / absolute faders - Access your vsts, audiounits and native live plugins or toggle them on & off from a scrollable overview - Navigate and control unlimited parameters with bank switches - Native Templates - Snap Mode -Toggle, Multitoggle, Fader & centered Fader available for live and max4live devices - Never lose a parameter in the heat of a set: parameter name & value feedback directly inside the faders. - Control 2 devices at the same time - 128 note velocity sensitive Keyboard - Perform with 2 keyboards in full screen mode - 8/16 velocity sensitive Drum Pads with Access to all 128 Sample slots within Live - 4 dots XY PAD controlling Mixer and Devices parameters including record and playback automations, bouncing ball fx, snapshots, morphing, save function - Change parameters of clips : pitch, detune, loop, length, position - Easy access to transport functions: play/stop, record, tempo, midi overdub, cue level, metronome, nudge up/down, midi record and launch quantization For detailed setup-instructions & feedback please visit http://www.touch-able.com
Free to Omnisphere Owners
Designed to turn an iPad into a performance-oriented, remote control surface for Spectrasonics Omnisphere software synth running on Mac /PC
Omni TR (Touch Remote) is designed to turn an iPad into a performance-oriented, remote control surface for Spectrasonics Omnisphere software synthesizer running on a Mac or Windows PC. Omni TR offers wireless two-way communication, multi-touch patch selection, remote browsing and editing of Patches and Multis, and an innovative feature called the Orb.
Omni TR brings Omnisphere’s interactive features closer to the music creation process with the ability to create setups and sound modifications very quickly. The user’s fingers can activate patches, tweak filters, re-mix, bend and spin amazing performance possibilities from the innovative new ‘Orb’ circular controller.
Omni TR is perfect onstage for live performance or even in the studio where the iPad sits at the controller keyboard located away from the studio computer. Best of all, the Omni TR app is extremely easy to use, offering full two-way communication with Omnisphere with just a simple wireless connection to the computer running the plug-in.
TROUBLESHOOTING: if you are encountering network errors when connecting, try turning off Bluetooth on your iPad. See General->Bluetooth in the Settings app.
Omni TR has 4 pages for different types of real-time control:
The Main page mirrors Omnisphere’s unique Live Mode offering 8 patch slots with latching and trigger modes, individual mute and solo, and mixer faders. Browse and select Multis and Patches directly from the iPad to instantly change sounds for a new song or live set.
The Orb Page
Omni TR was designed to make the iPad the ideal control surface for Omnisphere’s innovative new ‘Orb’ feature. The ‘Orb’ is both a remarkable sound manipulation tool and an intuitive performance interface — it can be thought of as a ‘circular controller.’ Now with a single gesture, the user can instantly customize the sound in Omnisphere. Best of all, the Orb automatically works with every patch a user has, there’s no setup necessary.
As the Orb moves and orbits around the concentric circles, it morphs between automatically generated parameter scenes in Omnisphere’s STEAM engine in a highly intelligent and musical manner, all patch dependent — manipulating the sound in subtle or radical ways appropriate to that particular patch.
If the user doesn’t like what the Orb has created, a complete new set of manipulations can be chosen by simply rolling the “Dice” button, which instantly creates a brand new group of intelligent sonic modifications and effects to try. There’s no limit to how many serendipitous sonic variations the Orb can create – opening up the vast power of the STEAM engine to every user, regardless of synthesis knowledge.
The tactile experience of moving the cursor around the Orb space on the iPad with a finger to create variations in the sound is remarkably musical. Where standard controllers might change one or two simple parameters in a linear manner, The Orb morphs a host of parameters that are patch specific, and easily changed on-the-fly.
Users can also Record their performance movements directly into the Orb and play the performance back in sync with their controller or host. The Orb’s movements and sonic results are saved within the patch, multi or the host’s session for later recall. The movement of the Orb can also be automated in the user’s host.
The Controls page features a touch-based pitch ribbon performance controller and 8 touch sliders assigned to groups of the most useful performance/editing parameters for each Omnisphere layer.
The Jumbo page shows large patch names on all 8 parts, easily seen in a live stage performance situation.
The Omni TR iPad app requires iOS 4.2 and works with Omnisphere 1.5.1 or newer on Mac OSX or Windows systems. Windows users must install Bonjour from Apple.